Michael Touchton, writes about leadership with empathy at Medium.
I found his four habits of highly effective leaders very interesting – as well for musicians who at some point in their career need to set up a team of helping souls.
Highly Effective Leaders:
- They build a Challenge Network
- People who can show them how to change.
- They Expect Resistance From those They Lead – Expect it. Leadership is proactive response, and defensive reaction robs us of our leadership.
- They check out and take walks – dont overthink. Leadership is often about learning to manage your own internal emotions in the midst of an environment that can often feel chaotic and anxious.
- They Jump First – yes you heard it – if you want to cut payrolls – begin with your own – if your want their trust, you need to be the first one to jump in the water….
Michael Touchton writes in Medium that:
“Becoming a good leader is much more difficult than reading a bunch of books. Because becoming a good leader is about going through the sometimes painful experience of personal growth.”…
How do you handle your leadership?
Read the full article: https://medium.com/the-ascent/the-4-habits-of-highly-effective-leaders-3992edc1156f