Mette Kirkegaard, Nordic Americana songs for runaway hearts – folkpop music, Scandinavian touch in a remarkable voice, a recording artist, travelling troubadour, catchy pop song Dry Wood on the radio, also Danish heartfelt songs on live stages. Mette grew up surrounded by Anglo-American 60-70 ´s folk music. Mette´s great grandmother Nicoline Kirkegaard from Jutland was one of the first female writers in Denmark. Her voice was said to be remarkable when she spoke.
Mette has an MA in Speech and a BA in Philosophy and Musicology from Copenhagen University. Read below.
Simple Matters – (oct. 2018) – album
Im Still Alive – (2018) – single
Love is to Blame – (2017) single and video
If You Want My Love (2016) single
DET DU ikke SIGER – novel 2014 (web) 2015 (print)
Det rette sted (2013) Ep – 2013
Superhelt (2012) Single
Dry Wood (2011) Ep
Trådløse drømme (2009) Album
Heart Against Rock (2007) Album
In a Cafe (2006) Single
In Your Eyes (2002) demo
London Underground Cure (2000) demo
2006-2012 – se evt. PRESSE
Info video – about ep in Berlin (2011)
Dont Make Me Choose (2010)
Da vi var elskere (2009) on chartbase hitlist
Cooperations on recordings/songwriting:
Mette has worked with a variety of very skilled producers.
Recently with producer Ken Rose, London around the EP ”The Right Place”, in Danish “Det rette sted”.
- Brio Taliaferro, (Moby, Dico, Sugarbabes) producer, Berlin (Dry Wood EP)
- Dave Hennessy, producer, (Trådløse Drømme album) featuring Tao Højgaard, jazzguitarist
- Dave Hennessy (U2), Henrik Hylle (Heart Against Rock album)
- Lars Krarup (In a Cafe – single)
- Brio, DE Dry Wood
- Ken Rose, US EP Det rette sted
- Eddie Ottestad, US “Driving” (unreleased)
- Ville Pusa, FI ”Stjernen/The star”
- Niklas Rosström, FI ”Jeg ville bare”
- Ian Smith, IR “I Needed You”
Tønder Festival playing with Niels Hausgaard, Allan Olsen, Huxi.